April 15, 2014
Safe Sitter® classes available at Maury Regional Medical Center
COLUMBIA, TN – Classes on safe babysitting practices are now available at Maury Regional Medical Center (MRMC). The Safe Sitter® classes will take place April 26, June 21, June 28 and August 9 from 9 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. in the medical center’s First Floor Conference Room. This free one-day course is designed for ages 11 to 13.
According to MRMC Director of Women’s and Children’s Services Beth Himes, the course will prepare sitters for virtually any situation that may come up while on the job. The Safe Sitter® program was created by pediatrician Patricia A. Keener, M.D. Topics to be covered will include:
- How and why injuries happen
- How to decide how serious a problem is if someone is injured
- How to get help if you need it
- How to keep yourself safe when babysitting
- How a child’s age affects how to care for them
- How to prevent problem behavior
- How to rescue a choking infant or child
- How to run your babysitting business
For more information or to register for the classes, call 931.490.7046. Registration is also available online at mauryregional.com via the calendar of events.