This quick, easy recipe for pulled pork sliders will keep you out of the kitchen and at the party with your guests. The garlic spinach topping adds a hearty flavor to the mellow pork.
- 1 lb pork loin
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- 18 whole wheat mini-burger buns, split
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Lightly coat a shallow skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Sear pork loin in skillet over medium-high heat, turning to brown all sides. Transfer to baking pan and cover with foil. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted in the center registers 145°. As an alternative to baking in the oven, the pork loin can be cooked in a slow-cooker, on high, for 4 hours.
- Allow pork loin to cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Using 2 forks, shred pork completely. In a large bowl, toss pork with BBQ sauce, coating evenly.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add spinach and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes, or until spinach is wilted.
- Transfer pulled pork to buns and top with spinach. Serve hot.
Saturated Fat: 0g
Copyright 2016-2018 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved. Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: February 6, 2017
Editorial Review: Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
Dietary Review: Jane Schwartz, RD