Snack on this healthy Seven Layer Dip when you watch the game. Instead of high-fat refried beans and sour cream, this tasty dip is packed with healthy black beans, yogurt and avocados.
2 avocados, pitted and peeled
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper, or to taste
4 oz fat-free Greek yogurt (gluten free if needed)
1 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
3 plum tomatoes, diced plus additional for garnish
1/2 red onion, diced
1/2 green bell pepper, diced or 1 jalapeño pepper, diced (optional)
1/4 cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
2 scallions, chopped
- In a small bowl, mash the avocados. Add the lime juice, salt and black pepper and stir to combine.
- In another small bowl, combine yogurt, chili powder and cumin.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large, shallow ovenproof glass pan, spread the black beans.
- Spread the avocado mixture over beans. Spread the yogurt mixture over the avocados. Sprinkle the tomatoes, red onion and bell pepper (if using) over the avocados. Sprinkle with the cheese. Top with scallions and additional chopped tomato.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Serving size: 1/4 cup
Calories: 108 Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 75mg Carbohydrates: 9g Fiber: 5g Protein: 5g
Copyright 2016-2022 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved. Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: February 6, 2017
Editorial Review: Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor