These Honey Glazed Veal Chops are seasoned with a hint of lavender. The mild, fragrant flavor of lavender makes this easy dinner special. You can find dry lavender in select supermarkets.
1 tbsp grapeseed oil
3/4 lb bone-in veal chops
1/8 tsp salt
Black pepper to taste
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp honey
1/2 tsp dried lavender
2 tbsp reduced-fat plain Greek yogurt
1 tbsp apple juice
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 head fennel, fronds reserved and cut into 2- by 1/4-inch strips
2 apples, cut into 2- by 1/4-inch strips
- In a skillet, heat grapeseed oil over high heat until hot. Season both sides of veal chops with salt and pepper. Add veal and cook until lightly browned on each side, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mustard, honey and lavender. Set aside.
- When veal is browned, pour honey mixture over veal. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 4 minutes more, or until cooked through. Remove veal chops from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, apple juice and vinegar. Add fennel, apples and fennel fronds. Toss to coat and drain excess dressing.
- Serve veal chops topped with apple-fennel slaw.
Serving size: 1 bone-in veal chop (6 oz) and 1/2 cup slaw
Calories: 430; Fat: 13g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 142mg; Sodium: 535mg; Carbohydrates: 29g; Fiber: 4g; Protein: 31g
Copyright 2016-2019 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved. Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: February 5, 2017
Editorial Review: Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor