Seasonal flu is a virus that spreads easily and can make you sick. Getting a flu shot is one of the best ways to avoid getting the flu.
Not sure if you should get vaccinated against flu this year? This video includes 5 important facts to consider:
- Flu vaccines change each year to protect against the most common strains of flu expected
- Flu shots make it less likely you'll get sick from the flu or spread it to others
- Even if you get the flu, your illness is usually milder
- It takes 2 weeks for the vaccine to work so get it as soon as possible
- You can't get the flu from a flu shot – it is not a live vaccine
If you haven't gotten a flu shot yet, now is the time to do so. Learn more about flu shots available from Maury Regional Medical Group here.
Copyright 2020 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved. Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: August 12, 2020
Editorial Review: Andrea Cohen, Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor