Healthy zucchini replaces potatoes in these flavorful latkes with smoked salmon. Make them for the holidays, or pair them with a tossed salad for a heart-healthy brunch or light lunch.
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 oz smoked salmon chopped
- 2 large zucchini roughly grated
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh dill plus sprigs for garnish
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fat free sour cream for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, olive oil and milk, and stir until blended. Add flour and whisk until smooth. Stir in smoked salmon, zucchini, dill and pepper (to taste).
- Coat a large skillet or griddle with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Pour batter by rounded tablespoonfuls onto skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until bubbles appear on top.
- With a spatula, flip pancakes and cook another 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from skillet and keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter, coating skillet with nonstick cooking spray between each batch.
- Serve warm garnished with a dollop of sour cream and dill sprig.
Calories: 311, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 98mg, Sodium: 367mg, Carbohydrates: 43g, Fiber: 3g, Protein: 13g
Copyright 2016-2017 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved. Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: February 6, 2017
Editorial Review: Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
Dietary Review: Jane Schwartz, RD