October 28, 2013
MRMC and Columbia ENT offer free speech and hearing screening for children at Spring Hill location
COLUMBIA, Tenn.— Maury Regional Medical Center (MRMC) and Columbia Ear, Nose & Throat are teaming up to offer a free speech and hearing screening in Spring Hill for children ages 12 and younger. There are two dates from which to choose. Screenings will be conducted on Thursday, November 14, from 3-6 p.m. and on Saturday, November 16, from 9 a.m. until noon at the Maury Regional Spring Hill building, located at 1003 Reserve Boulevard near the Port Royal exit on Saturn Parkway.
If your child exhibits any of the following behaviors, you may want to consider having them screened:
- Turning up the volume on the television or radio
- Frequently asking you to repeat yourself
- You understand your child’s speech less than 75% of the time
- You have to interpret what your child says to others
- You feel your child’s language skills are not at the same level as his/her peers
Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. The screening will include a hearing test by a licensed audiologist from Columbia Ear, Nose and Throat and testing for speech and language development by a licensed speech/language pathologist with Maury Regional’s Spring Hill Physical Therapy.
Registration is required. To register or receive additional information, call Spring Hill Physical Therapy at 931.486.1544.